Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys

formerly in: Radnorshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO044623

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The medieval church was rebuilt by S.W. Williams on earlier foundations in 1885-7. Although the present dedication is to St Llyr, the dedication in the nineteenth century was to All Saints.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Stephen W. Williams


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion and Resurrection The Crucifixion and Resurrection
firm/studio: A. L. Moore
about 1887
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
east wall of the chancel apse
  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Virgin Mary Christ the Good Shepherd with the Virgin Mary
about 1889
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
east wall of the chancel apse
  St John and St Michael St John and St Michael
about 1889
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
east wall of the chancel apse
  St Andrew and St David St Andrew and St David
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
2010
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
north wall of the nave
  Peter's Commission Peter's Commission
about 1891
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
north wall of the nave
 One Sows and Another Reaps One Sows and Another Reaps
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1982
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
north wall of the nave
 All Creation Will Share in the Glorious Freedom of the Children of God All Creation Will Share in the Glorious Freedom of the Children of God
artist: Anna Bessant
about 2000
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
south wall of the nave (baptistry)
  War Memorial Window War Memorial Window
artist: Anna Bessant
2005
Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys
west wall of the porch


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Llyr, Llanyre, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017