Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys

formerly in: Radnorshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO151667
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Nineteenth-century church replacing the medieval building, the tower and nave of 1838 by B. Wishlade and the chancel enlarged and rebuilt in 1891 by S.W. Williams.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Stephen W. Williams


Artworks at this site:
  Peter's Commission Peter's Commission
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
1907
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Michael and St David St Michael and St David
about 1922
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys
south wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel Rhydithon, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017