Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
Diocese of St Davids
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SN18701073
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Medieval church rebuilt in 1847-8, although the tower is substantially medieval. The site may be early medieval, as the church is mentioned in twelfth century Llandaff Charters. A further restoration was undertaken by T. David of Laugharne. The church has been closed and was made redundant in 2009.
For further information and photographs of Crunwere church taken recently after closure see Church blog.
| Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John |
1957Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
| The Crucifixion with the Resurrection and Ascension |
firm/studio: William Wailes
about 1878Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
| The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene |
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1950Church of St Elidyr, Crunwere, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave (baptistry)
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021