Church of St Beuno, Clynnog-fawr, Gwynedd
formerly in: Caernarfonshire
Diocese of Bangor (formerly: Bangor)
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SH41454970
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Late fifteenth-century church, the nave of about 1500, with further additions in the early sixteenth century. Clynnog Fawr was established by Beuno, and his cult was established there, although nothing of the earlier medieval buildings survive. Various restorations in 1848-56 and during the first half of the twentieth century, some of which was under the supervision of Harold Hughes.
as architect: Harold Hughes
| Christian Symbols |
second half of the nineteenth centuryChurch of St Beuno, Clynnog-fawr, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021