Church of St Tydecho, Mallwyd, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH862123
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, enlarged in 1624 with the addition of a chancel, and again in 1640-1 with the addition of timber tower and porch, all during the incumbency of the biblical scholar and translator Dr John Davies. The church was fully restored by Harold Hughes in 1915.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Harold Hughes


Artworks at this site:
  The Four Evangelists The Four Evangelists
about 1860
Church of St Tydecho, Mallwyd, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  Christ with Children Christ with Children
1920s
Church of St Tydecho, Mallwyd, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Trinity Window Trinity Window
about 1860
Church of St Tydecho, Mallwyd, Gwynedd
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Tydecho, Mallwyd, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017