Church of St Tydecho, Cemaes, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH839062
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Late medieval church heavily restored in the nineteenth century, the interior was altered in 1902. However the roof dates from the fifteenth century and the porch is dated 1742.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension
1864
Church of St Tydecho, Cemaes, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Peter's Commission and Christ Anointed at Bethany Peter's Commission and Christ Anointed at Bethany
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
1889
Church of St Tydecho, Cemaes, Powys
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Tydecho, Cemaes, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017