Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN768736

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The Church of St Michael, or Eglwys Newydd, was designed by James Wyatt in 1803 for Thomas Johnes of Hafod. Devasted by fire in 1932, it was restored by W.D. Caröe in 1933.

People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe


Artworks at this site:
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1933
Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  Glass Fragments Glass Fragments
probably sixteenth century
Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion
chancel, either side of the sanctuary


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Hafod_DSC2500A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017