Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH736773
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

The church of St Gwynan, or traditionally St Gwynin, is on a medieval site, the church rebuilt in 1760, and again in the 1880s by the Cardiff architect E.M. Bruce Vaughan, the church being re-consecrated in September 1889. The cost of building and furnishing (presumably including the stained glass and reredos) was £2,176.13s4d.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. M. Bruce Vaughan


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension The Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1889
Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy
chancel apse
  Baptism Window Baptism Window
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
about 1889
Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Gwynan, Dwygyfylchi, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017