Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN456399

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved medieval church, the southern nave added in the fifteenth century. Restored in 1877 by David Davies. Some inscribed stones from the fifth-ninth centuries are kept in the church.

Artworks at this site:
  The Virgin Mary    detail from    The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Virgin Mary
detail from The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John

1913
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Ascension The Ascension
artist: Gabriel Loire
1995
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
designer: Colwyn Morris
2003
Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire
north wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017