Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ022681
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church substantially rebuilt in 1807-9. It was further restored and altered internally in 1878-9, at a cost of £1900, when the chancel was demarcated, the pulpit constructed and the entire church refloored. However, the detached bell tower is substantially medieval.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
The Adoration of the Shepherds
about 1879
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
The Crucifixion and Resurrection
artist: William Miller
about 1863
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
Christ with Nathaniel
artist: William Miller
about 1855
Church of St Sadwrn, Henllan, Denbighshire
south wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017