Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ113024

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in the fifteenth or possibly fourteenth century, with a fifteenth century roof. Restored in 1859, and again in 1898 by John Douglas of Chester. The parish was home to some notable rectors, including Walter Davies (Gwallter Mechain), William Morgan (Penfro) and R.S. Thomas.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Douglas


Artworks at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Arthur O'Connor
1859
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Christ in the House of Mary and Martha
1901
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017