Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS565887
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church dating back to the fourteenth century with some survivals from the original thirteenth century church, which was located near the castle and became overwhelmed by sand. Restored in 1847.

Artworks at this site:
  Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: T. F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
1914
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Gabriel St Gabriel
1931
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
1938
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the chancel
  Millennium Window Millennium Window
artist: John Edwards
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
2000
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
south wall of the nave
  St Anthony and St Michael St Anthony and St Michael
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: J. Blackford
1948
Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea
north wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Pennard, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017