Church of St Mary, Llanllugan, Powys
formerly in: Montgomeryshire
Diocese of St Asaph
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ05770234
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
An early Christian site, associated with Gwyddelan, or Llorcan Wyddel. It was subsequently adopted as a monastic site, founded by Maredudd ap Robert as a Cistercian nunnery sometime before 1188. Much of the building dates from the late fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
Monastic Wales website
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
| The Crucifixion with Medieval Fragments |
second half of the fifteenth century, restored in 1891Church of St Mary, Llanllugan, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021