Church of St Michael, Ynys, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH595353

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church dedicated to Michael of the parish Llanfihangel-y-traethau, which underwent a series of nineteenth century restorations. A Latin inscribed stone in the churchyard may be twelfth century.

Artworks at this site:
  Christ in Majesty with St Michael and Angels Christ in Majesty with St Michael and Angels
artist: Joan Howson
1958
Church of St Michael, Ynys, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Ynys, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017