Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO123968
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, said to have been founded by Beuno in the sixth century and dating back to at least the thirtenth century. The tower dates from the 1520s. Nave rebuilt in 1868 by W.E. Nesfield.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: William Eden Nesfield


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: William Wailes
about 1868
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Glass Fragments Glass Fragments
sixteenth-seventeenth century, with later additions, set in about 1860
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys
south wall of the nave
  The Crucifixion with the Four Evangelists The Crucifixion with the Four Evangelists
Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Beuno, Betws Cedewain, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
BettwsCedewain_DSC1400A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017