Church of St Canna, Llangan, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS957778
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, but heavily restored in the 1860s. A fine fifteenth century cross stands in the churchyard, as does a large early medieval wheel cross head.

Artworks at this site:
Ascending Christ with Revd David Jones and St Canna
artist: William Glasby
1932
Church of St Canna, Llangan, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017