Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN083400

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Early medieval ecclesiastical establishment, associated with St Brynach. A tall tenth century cross stands in the churchyard. Medieval church dating to the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, restored by R.J. Withers in 1864.

People associated with this site
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Artworks at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
about 1879
Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Resurrection of Christ Scenes from the Resurrection of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Barraud
1864
Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd Virgin and Child with Christ the Good Shepherd
artist: E. Liddall Armitage
about 1940
Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the chancel
  Jesse, David and Solomon Jesse, David and Solomon
about 1905
Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Brynach, Nevern, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017