Church of St Thomas, Monmouth, Monmouthshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO504124

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church dedicated to Thomas Beckett, dating from at least the twelfth century. The church underwent restorations by Thomas Wyatt and John Prichard in the nineteenth century, and a further restoration was done by Hook Mason of Hereford in 1989-91.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Prichard
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Artworks at this site:
  Christ in Majesty with St Thomas Becket and St Nicholas Christ in Majesty with St Thomas Becket and St Nicholas
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
designer: Hubert Thomas
1957
Church of St Thomas, Monmouth, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel



Other sites at Monmouth, Monmouthshire
Church of St Mary
Church of St Mary
Monmouth Baptist Church
Monmouth Methodist Church

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017