Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
formerly in: Radnorshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SO250591
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Medieval church situated near the border of Wales and England, in the Diocese of Hereford. Much of the church dates to the fifteenth century. Some restoration in 1872 and again in 1882 by Frederick Preedy of Worcester, when the east end of the chancel was rebuilt.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
as architect: Frederick Preedy
| Scenes from the Life of Christ and St Stephen |
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
1882Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
east wall of the chancel
| The Empty Tomb |
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1914Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor, Powys
north wall of the north aisle
Photo © Martin Crampin
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021