Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ10658143
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved church built in the fifteenth century, although it replaced an earlier building, perhaps an early medieval foundation. The church underwent a major restoration in 1877.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey


Search for further information about Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire on Google


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
restorer: J. Bell
early sixteenth century, restored in 1877
Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
east wall of the south nave
  St Catherine, St James the Great, St Laurence and a Bishop St Catherine, St James the Great, St Laurence and a Bishop
restorer: J. Bell
early sixteenth century, restored in 1877
Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
east wall of the north nave
  St Barnabas St Barnabas
artist: Doritie Kettlewell
1979
Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
north wall of the north nave chancel
  Fishes    from    Memorial Windows Fishes
from Memorial Windows

firm/studio: Recclesia Stained Glass
2010
Church of St Asaph and St Cynderyn, Llanasa, Flintshire
west wall of the north nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018