Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH82217922

Photo © Lynne Davis

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Church of Cystennin, or Gwstenin, built in the 1840s by Thomas Jones of Chester, replacing the older church on the same site. Medieval glass fragments from the church have recently been restored to the church after years in storage at Llandudno Museum.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy on Google


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and Saints
firm/studio: Herbert Bryans
about 1904
Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
1929
Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy
south wall of the nave
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
perhaps about 1500
Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy
  St Peter St Peter
perhaps about 1500
Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Cystenin, Llangystennin, Conwy height=

Photo © Lynne Davis







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018