Church of St Mary, Cilcain, Flintshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ176652

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved medieval church, although the north nave is now partitioned off. The church dates to the fifteenth century, although parts of the building date back to the thirteenth or possibly twelfth century.

Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Michael and St Peter The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Michael and St Peter
restorer: Burlison & Grylls
1546
Church of St Mary, Cilcain, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Cilcain, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017