Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ18537607
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Roman Catholic)
Roman Catholic church originally built in 1832-3 by J.J. Scoles, oriented to the west. The church was re-opened in 1860 following redecoration, and the church was extended with the addition of St Winefride's chapel in 1909. The Lady Chapel was added in 1911-12.


Search for further information about Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Christ with Chalice and Host Christ with Chalice and Host
artist: Trena Cox
1931
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
sanctuary
  Purgatory Purgatory
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) east wall of the (liturgical) north transept (Chapel of St Winifrede)
  The Virgin Mary The Virgin Mary
about 1861
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave
  The Holy Family    from    Sacred Heart and Holy Family The Holy Family
from Sacred Heart and Holy Family

Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
(liturgical) east wall of the nave
Stations of the Cross
firm/studio: Alberti
1909
Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018