Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ067827
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Built in 1863 by T.H. Wyatt and enlarged in 1905 by Prothero & Phillott with the addition of the south aisle and the northern arcade adapted to match the new one. Chancel of 1926 by L.W. Barnard.

Parish website

People associated with this site
   as architect: Leonard William Barnard
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Artworks at this site:
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1935
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd with Scenes from the Life of Christ Christ the Good Shepherd with Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Barraud
about 1868
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
east wall of south aisle chapel (Lady Chapel)
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1927
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle chapel (Lady Chapel)
  The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1942
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Presentation of Christ in the Temple and Christ with the Doctors of the Law Presentation of Christ in the Temple and Christ with the Doctors of the Law
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1931, 1948 and 1952
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Calling of St Matthew The Calling of St Matthew
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
designer: Maud Francis Eyston Sumner
about 1960
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ with Children Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ with Children
1935 and about 1987
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Healing of Blind Bartimaeus The Healing of Blind Bartimaeus
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
designer: Maud Francis Eyston Sumner
about 1962
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth
firm/studio: J. Wippell & Co. Ltd
about 1933
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Eucharist The Eucharist
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
about 1971
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire
north wall, west end of the nave



Other sites at Prestatyn, Flintshire
Church of the Holy Spirit

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Christ Church, Prestatyn, Denbighshire height=

© University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, photo Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017