Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ134555
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

church (Anglican)
Double-naved late medieval church, restored in 1871-2 by J.D. Sedding.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Dando Sedding


Artworks at this site:
  Christ with Children Christ with Children
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Christopher Whall
1893
Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
south wall
  The Crucifixion and the Last Supper The Crucifixion and the Last Supper
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1872
Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
east wall of the north nave
  Virgin and Child with St Ann and St Elizabeth Virgin and Child with St Ann and St Elizabeth
probably late nineteenth century
Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
north wall
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
about 1874
Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
east wall of south nave
  Virgin and Child with St James, St John and St Winefride Virgin and Child with St James, St John and St Winefride
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1890
Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
south wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Cynfarch and St Mary, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017