Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH804761

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

church (Anglican)
Built in 1839 by John Welch, replacing an earlier building at the expense of Archdeacon Hugh Chambres Jones.

Artworks at this site:
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
artist: Charles Clutterbuck
1839
Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  St Catherine and St John the Baptist St Catherine and St John the Baptist
about 1500, restored in about 1839
Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy
west wall
  Crucifixion with Angels Crucifixion with Angels
artist: Charles Clutterbuck
1846
Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy
south wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Life of St Paul Scenes from the Life of St Paul
artist: Charles Clutterbuck
about 1843
Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy
north wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
_DSC4329.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017