Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


Diocese of Bangor

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH48096313

Church (Anglican)

Church built 1862-4 at a cost of £7610, with a tower of 1885-6. Closed in 1982 and converted into a children's play centre in 1999.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Angnus Dei and Angels Angnus Dei and Angels
about 1870
Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  Winged Lion, Symbol of St Mark    detail from    The Four Evangelists Winged Lion, Symbol of St Mark
detail from The Four Evangelists

Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
chancel
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers and with Mary and Martha Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers and with Mary and Martha
about 1870
Christ Church, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
west end of the church, now converted to an office space



Other sites at Caernarfon, Caernarfonshire
Church of St Mary
Church of St Peblig





Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019