Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS912778
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Former Benedictine Priory. The nave is used as the present parish church, while the presbytery, crossing and south transept are in the care of CADW.
Ewenny Priory.

Artworks at this site:
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Harry Ellis Wooldridge
1876
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the presbytery
  St Elizabeth and St Luke St Elizabeth and St Luke
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1935
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
west end of the north aisle
  The Nativity The Nativity
about 1930
Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Priory Church of St Michael, Ewenny, Vale of Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017