Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ03410978

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Medieval church, much of which was rebuilt in 1868–70 by Edward Haycock Jun,, preserving the medieval roof.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Ruth and Boaz Ruth and Boaz
1912
Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
about 1912
Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Done & Davies
probably about 1870
Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018