Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: ST1876

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Temporary iron church erected 1879, and enlarged 1885. Present church 1895-97 by George Halliday, with £3000 towards cost being contributed by the local landowner, the Mackintosh of Mackintosh. Nave and aisles dedicated 1897. Chancel 1901. Tower 1913 never completed to its full height. Lady chapel of same date.

People associated with this site
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion The Crucifixion
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1919
Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd with St Andrew, St Teilo and Angels Christ the Good Shepherd with St Andrew, St Teilo and Angels
artist: John Coates Carter
1924
Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff
east wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
about 1926
Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff
south wall of the nave
  Tracery Lights Tracery Lights
Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff
west wall of the nave



Other sites at Cardiff, Glamorgan
Cardiff Castle
Cardiff Record Office
Cardiff Reform Synagogue
Christ Church, Roath Park
Church of St James
Church of St John the Baptist
Church of St Mary the Virgin
Church of St Nicholas
National Museum
Tabernacl Welsh Baptist Church
Tredegarville Baptist Church

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Andrew and St Teilo, Cardiff height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017