Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


Diocese of Bangor

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH57687234

Extra-parochial Chapel (Anglican)

Chapel built as an extension to Church Hostel by Herbert North in 1933. The screen was removed in 1978. Church Hostel and its chapel have now been closed.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)


Search for further information about Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Decorative Ceiling with Vines, IHS and RPC Monograms Decorative Ceiling with Vines, IHS and RPC Monograms
artist: Herbert Luck North
about 1930-1933
Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd
chancel ceiling
  Crucified Christ    from    Crucified Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John Crucified Christ
from Crucified Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John

about 1933
Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd
chancel arch
  The Dove of the Holy Spirit The Dove of the Holy Spirit
firm/studio: F. C. Eden
about 1933
Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd
east end of the chancel
View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021