Church of Our Lady of Fatima, Bala, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH925359

Church (Roman Catholic)
Church created 1946 in the former stable-block of a house, cafe, and fish & chip shop in High Street, Bala, purchased by Fr James Koenan, a Dutch Dominican priest. Work on converting the property began in 1947 and opened 15 June 1948. Dedication to Our Lady of Fatima the first such outside of Portugal.

Artworks at this site:
  Our Lady of Fatima Our Lady of Fatima
artist: Ferreira Thedun
about 1949
Church of Our Lady of Fatima, Bala, Gwynedd


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017