Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


Diocese of Swansea and Brecon

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS57798936

Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea Bishopston_DSC2071A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Medieval church of uncertain date. The church was restored by W.D. Caröe in 1926-7, and contains a good collection of stained glass by the local artist John Edwards.

Church website

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with St Teilo and St David The Crucifixion with St Teilo and St David
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
1920
Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Simon and St Jude St Simon and St Jude
1924
Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea
south wall of the sanctuary
  St Mary Magdalene and St Martha with Symbols and Local Scenes St Mary Magdalene and St Martha with Symbols and Local Scenes
artist: John Edwards
1969
Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea
south wall of the nave


Church of St Teilo, Bishopston, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019