Church of St Beuno, Llanycil, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SH9134

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

church (Anglican)
Built on an early Christian site and restored in the nineteenth century. The church closed in 2003 and was purchased by the Bible Society in 2007.

Artworks at this site:
  Angels Greet the Three Women at the Empty Tomb Angels Greet the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
1903
Church of St Beuno, Llanycil, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Christ with the Healed Leper Christ with the Healed Leper
about 1880
Church of St Beuno, Llanycil, Gwynedd
north wall of the nave
  Moses and the Brazen Serpent with Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Moses and the Brazen Serpent with Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
1883
Church of St Beuno, Llanycil, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Beuno, Llanycil, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_9428.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017