Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ22720111

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Church built in 1867 by Thomas Nicholson of Hereford to replace an earlier church on the site. The only survival of the earlier building is a font bowl of 1794.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Nicholson


Artworks at this site:
  The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co.
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones
1873
Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Reredos with Profile Heads Reredos with Profile Heads
designer: Thomas Nicholson
1879
Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St John and St Joseph of Arimathea St John and St Joseph of Arimathea
1884
Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary and St Mary Magdalene The Virgin Mary and St Mary Magdalene
1884
Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019