Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM988013

Church (Anglican)
Dates from at least the thirteenth century, initially a possession of nearby Monkton Priory. Rebuilt in 1832 by the architect T. Rowlands, and extensive renovation and rebuilding in 1887 by E.H. Lingen Barker.

Church website

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Artworks at this site:
  Crucifixion with Saints Crucifixion with Saints
artist: William Ellery Anderson
1932
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
sanctuary
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
firm/studio: Cox & Son
1887
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1922
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Presentation of Christ in the Temple The Presentation of Christ in the Temple
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1917
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the north aisle



Other sites at Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
Church of St Mary

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017