Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH786035
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Late medieval church, largely of the fifteenth century but on an earlier site. A dedication to St Gwrin, which gave rise to the placename, is also in use, although tradition accords the original dedication to Ust and Dyfrig. Restored by Benjamin Ferrey in 1864.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Benjamin Ferrey


Artworks at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
1949
Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  East Window East Window
1461-1483, restored in or after 1864
Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Ust and St Dyfrig, Llanwrin, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017