Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH329315
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church on the pilgrim route to Bardsey, the nave perhaps dating back to the thirteenth century. The church was restored by Henry Kennedy in 1865 and the tower added in 1895.

Artworks at this site:
  St George and St David with the Crown of Life St George and St David with the Crown of Life
firm/studio: William Aikman
about 1918
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
  The Good Samaritan and Christ the Good Shepherd The Good Samaritan and Christ the Good Shepherd
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the chancel
  Christ Walking on the Water and the Miraculous Draught of Fishes Christ Walking on the Water and the Miraculous Draught of Fishes
about 1865
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
north wall of the sanctuary
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
about 1944
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
south wall of the nave
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
probably about 1500, reset mid-nineteenth century
Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
west wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017