Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN457627

Church (Anglican)
Church built 1835 by Edward Haycock as part of his design for the Revd Alban Thomas Jones Gwynne's model town and port - also laid out by Haycock - the church was replaced 1871-72 by the present building, designed by Middleton & Goodman of Cheltenham. Middleton added the tower in 1878-80, and the firm, by then Prothero & Philott, was again employed 1897-9 to replace the apse with a larger chancel. Font and pulpit by Boulton of Cheltenham.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Artworks at this site:
  The Supper at Emmaus The Supper at Emmaus
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1933
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
sanctuary
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John with Saints The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John with Saints
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1932
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  The Four Evangelists The Four Evangelists
about 1880
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
west end of the nave
  St John the Evangelist and the Virgin Mary St John the Evangelist and the Virgin Mary
artist: Mary Lowndes
about 1920
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
south wall of the sanctuary
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1875
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the chancel
  David and Asaph David and Asaph
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1925
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  Christ Washing the Disciples Feet Christ Washing the Disciples Feet
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1981
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  St Cecilia and St Luke St Cecilia and St Luke
artist: Mary Lowndes
1925
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
south wall of the nave



Other sites at Aberaeron, Cardiganshire
Church of the Holy Cross

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017