Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ070507
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Friends of Friendless Churches

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Late medieval church restored 1857 by Kennedy. The church retains its fifteenth century rood screen and loft, as well as its churchyard cross. The church was declared redundant and is now in care of the Friends of Friendless Churches.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Henry Kennedy


Artworks at this site:
  Christ with Two Saints Christ with Two Saints
1860
Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Ascension with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection The Ascension with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Harry Ellis Wooldridge
1869
Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Friends of Friendless Churches



Other images of this site
mc_00512cr.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017