Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch, Cardiganshire

Diocese of St Davids

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN64368414

Church (Anglican)

Built in 1880-82 by R.J. Withers, replacing a small schoolroom-church of 1862-63 designed by William Butterfield.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch, Cardiganshire on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Artworks at this site:
  Eagle Eagle
firm/studio: Doulton & Co.
1880
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
lectern
  The Crucifixion with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection The Crucifixion with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1900
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
east wall of the chancel
  The Last Supper with Angels The Last Supper with Angels
about 1920
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1906
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Teacher Christ the Teacher
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1979
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
north wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018