Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN684864

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Built 1865-68 at the expense of the Revd Lewis Gilbertson, first Vicar of Llangorwen, where he had also employed Butterfield as architect. Described as 'an exemplary High Victorian composition', St Peter's illustrates the restrained High churchmanship of the Tractarians, and the interior - plain for Butterfield - is largely unaltered.

People associated with this site
   as Architect: William Butterfield


Artworks at this site:
  Cross Cross
designer: William Butterfield
about 1865-1868
Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion
reredos on the east wall of the sanctuary
  Scenes from the Passion and the Nativity Scenes from the Passion and the Nativity
firm/studio: Alexander Gibbs
1868
Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion
east wall of sanctuary


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_4856.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017