Penrallt Baptist Chapel, Bangor, Gwynedd

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH576721
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Chapel (Calvinistic Methodist)
A growing congregation resulted in the congregation of Penrallt Baptist Church taking over a redundant Grade II former Calvinistic Methodist (Presbyterian Church of Wales) chapel (Twr-Gwyn) in Holyhead Road, Upper Bangor, and modernising the interior. The vestibule window, a War Memorial, is all that remains of any artwork formerly in the building.

Artworks at this site:
  Vestibule War Memorial Window Vestibule War Memorial Window
about 1920
Penrallt Baptist Chapel, Bangor, Gwynedd
vestibule



Other sites at Bangor, Caernarfonshire
Bangor Cathedral
Bangor University Collection
Chapel of Church Hostel, Bangor University
Church of St David
Church of St Mary

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017