Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN452425
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Pre-Gothic Revival church of 1835 by local architect Rees Davies of Llandysul. New chancel and interior 1886 by Middleton, Prothero & Phillott of Cheltenham, largely at the expense of the Stewart family of Alltyrodyn, whose house can be seen from the north churchyard.


Search for further information about Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Artworks at this site:
  Christ Leaving the Praetorium Christ Leaving the Praetorium
artist (after): Louis Christophe Gustave Paul Doré
1901
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
east wall
  St Matthew and St Mark St Matthew and St Mark
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1904
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
sanctuary
  St Luke and St John St Luke and St John
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1904
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
sanctuary


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018