Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SH8678

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Chapel (Methodist)
Foundation 1882. Church 1887-8 by Robert Curwen.

Artworks at this site:
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1889
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
west wall of the nave
  King David and St John the Evangelist King David and St John the Evangelist
1912
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
sanctuary apse
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
apse
  Christ with the Doctors and the Virgin Teaching Christ to Read Christ with the Doctors and the Virgin Teaching Christ to Read
firm/studio: Abbott & Co. Ltd
1945
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
north wall of the north transept
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
west wall of the south transept
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
apse



Other sites at Colwyn Bay, Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire
Church of St Andrew
Church of St Joseph

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017