Church of St Cynog, Battle, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


Diocese of Swansea & Brecon     (formerly: St Davids)

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO00823097

Church (Anglican)

Small church of medieval origin, restored in 1880 by J. Fowler of Brecon. The church has now closed.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)


Search for further information about Church of St Cynog, Battle, Powys on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: J. B. Fowler


Artworks at this site:
The Adoration of the Virgin and Child by the Magi
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1912
Church of St Cynog, Battle, Powys
east wall of the chancel
View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021