Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN595519

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Tower 1831, church 1887, rebuilt by D. E. Thomas of Haverfordwest for the Jones family of Derry Ormond. Church and housing together a good example of an Estate village of the nineteenth century.

Artworks at this site:
  Crucifixion with Mary, John and Mary Magdalene Crucifixion with Mary, John and Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
1886
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  Angels Holding the Beatitudes Angels Holding the Beatitudes
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
nave
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
about 1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
west end of the nave
  Two Angels Two Angels
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
artist: Carl Almquist
1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
porch


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017