Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SN4129
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The five saints are Ceitho, Celynen, Gwyn, Gwynno and Gwynoro. Rebuilt 1881-82 by Middleton & Son of Cheltenham.

Artworks at this site:
  East Window East Window
designer: Mildred Eldridge
artist: Muriel Minter
about 1939
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
east wall
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1974
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
1961
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
west wall
  The Virgin Mary Teaching the Infant Christ to Read The Virgin Mary Teaching the Infant Christ to Read
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
sanctuary
  Christ in Majesty Christ in Majesty
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
above the entrance to the chancel
  Altar Cross Altar Cross
Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire
altar table, sanctuary


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of Five Saints, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017