Church of St David, Newtown, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO109913
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Built 1843-7, restored 1909 and 1938. Closed in 2006.
Architects: Thomas Penson; David Walker (Liverpool); H. L. North.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Herbert Luck North
   as architect: Thomas Penson


Artworks at this site:
St Paul and the Sermon on the Mount
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1917
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
north aisle
Christ Appearing to his Disciples
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Christ in Majesty with Angels
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1902
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
east wall of the chancel
The Last Supper
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
north wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017