Church of St Cyngar, Hope, Flintshire
Diocese of St Asaph
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ30965839
Double-naved medieval church, dedicated to Cynfarch or Cyngar. The church mainly dates from the early sixteenth century and was restored in 1884 by Oldrid Scott.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
as architect: John Oldrid Scott
| East Window |
about 1500Church of St Cyngar, Hope, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel aisle
| Christ the King with Moses and Aaron |
firm/studio: Michael and Arthur O'Connor
1860Church of St Cyngar, Hope, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021